PRIME MINISTERS EMPLOYMENT GENERATION PROGRAMME (PMEGP)
The Ministry of MSME,G.O.I has clubbed the PMRY Scheme with REGP scheme and has introduced the new scheme Prime Ministers Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) for the year 2008-09.
Scheme Details :
As per the scheme the RURAL AREA means. Any area classified Village as per the revenue records or any area population of which does not exceed 20,000 persons.
High lights of the Scheme:
- Project cost (a) Service Industry maximum Rs.10.00 Lakhs (b) Production Industry maximum Rs.25.00 lakhs.
- Eligible Borrowers: Individual entrepreneur of 18 years and above age ,Registered Association/Co-Operative society /Self Help Groups /Stri Shakti Groups. Partnership firm / Private Company / Hindu un divided family are not eligible. One Family can avail onetime benefit only.
- Margin Money: The Projects implemented in the rural area are eligible for Margin Money (Middle End Subsidy)The general Category entrepreneur is eligible for 25% of Project cost as Margin Money (Middle End Subsidy) The project implemented by a special category (SC / ST / OBC / Minorities / woman / ex-service man /Physical Handicapped ) beneficiary is eligible for 35% of the project cost as Margin Money.(for urban area General category 15% and special category 25%).
- The general category entrepreneurs has to invest 10% of the project cost as his own contribution and rest of the amount has to be borrowed by the Banks. In case of special category beneficiary .5% own contribution has to be invested in the project. and rest of the amount has to be borrowed by the banks.
- Once the project is sanctioned it is obligatory for the beneficiary to undergo for an EDP Training for two weeks. After release of bank finance Bank will be submit Margin Money claim in the prescribed form. After receipt of Margin Money (middle end subsidy) it will be kept in TDR for three (3) years in the name of the beneficiary. No interest will be paid on TDR amount and no interest will be levied on equal loan amount The TDR.amount will be credited to borrowers loan account after three (3) t=years after verification of working of unit.
- public sector Banks
- All Regional Rural Banks
- Co-Operative Banks approved by SLBC
EDP Training is mandatory for all those beneficiaries who have been sanctioned assistance under PMEGP the entrepreneurs who have been sanctioned Rs.2.00 lakhs are below to undergo 3 days training and above Rs.2.00 lakhs have to undergo 2 weeks training at KVIC recoginsed Training institutions.
Documents to be submitted along with application:
- Application form ( in color code-yellow.)
- Two Passport size Photographs.
- Residential Proof (Ration Card ).
- Project Report.
- Qualofication Certificate.
- Caste Certificate.
- Population Certificate of the Area.
- Land /Shed Documents.
- General Licence from Panchayat.
- Machinery quotation.
Some of the Activities which can be taken under this scheme
I. Mineral Based Industry:
- Cottage pottery Industry
- Lime stone, Lime shell and other lime products Industry.
- Stone cutting, crushing, carving, and engraving for temples and buildings.
- Utility Articles made out of stone.
- Slate and Slate pencil Making.
- Manufacture of plaster of Paris.
- Utensil washing powder.
- Fuel Briquetting.
- Jewellery out of Gold ,Silver, Stone, Shell and Synthetic materials.
- Manufacture of Gulal ,Rangoli.
- Manufacture of Bangles.
- Manufacture of Paints ,Pigments ,Varnishes, and Distemper.
- Manufacture of Glass Toys.
- Glass decoration-Cutting ,Designing anf Polishing.
- Gem Cutting.
- Iodised Salt.
II. Forest Based Industry :
- Handmade Paper.
- Manufacture of Katha.
- Manufacture of Gums and Resins.
- Manufacture of Shellac.
- Cottage Match Industry, Manufacture of Fire works and Agarbhattis.
- Bamboo and Cane work.
- Manufacture of Paper cups,Bags and other Paper containers.
- Manufacturre of exercise Books,binding,Envelope making ,register making,including all other stationery items made out of paper
- Khustattis and Broom Making
- Collection,Processing & Packing of forest Products.
- Photo framing
- Manufacture of Jute Products.(under fibre Industry)
III. Agro Based and Food Industry
- Processing packing and marketing of cereals, spices, Condiments, Masala etc.
- Noodles Making.
- Power atta Chakki
- Daliya Making.
- Mini rice Shelling Unit.
- Palmgur making and other palm products industry.
- Manufacture of Cane gur and Khandsi
- Indian Sweets making
- Sugar cane juice catering unit
- Fruits and Vegetable processing,Preservation and canning including Pickles
- Ghani oil Industry
- Menthol Oil
- Collection of Forest Plants and Fruits for Medicvinal Purpose
- Processing of Maize and Ragi
- Pith work,Manufacturing of Pith mats and Garlands etc.
- Cashew Processing
- Leaf cup making
- Milk Products making unit.
- Cattle feed,Poultry feed making.
IV. Polymer and Chemical Based Industry
- Flaying, curing and tanning of hides and skins an ancillary Industries connected with the cottage leather works.
- Cottage soap Industry.
- Manufacture of Rubber goods (dipped latex products)
- Products out of Rerxin,PVC etc.
- Horn and Bone Including ivory products.
- Candle,Camphor, and sealing wax making.
- Manufacture of Packing items of Plastic.
- Manufacture of Bindi
- Manufacture of Mehandi
- Manufacture of essence oil
- Manufacture of Shampoos
- Manufacture of hair-oil
- Detergents and washing Powder making (Non toxic)
V. Rural Engineering & Bio Technology ( REBT )
- Manufacture of House hold Alluminium utensils
- Manufacture and use of Manure and methane (Gober) Gas from cow dung and other waste products.(such as flesh of dead animals, night soil etc).
- Vermi compost
- Manufacture of Decorative bulbs, bottles, glass etc.
- Umbrella Assembling.
- Solar and wind energy implements
- Manufacture of Handmade utensils out of Brass.
- Manufacture of Handmade utensils out of copper.
- Manufacture of Handmade utensils out of Bell metal.
- Other Articles made out of Brass, Copper and Bell metal.
- Production of radios.
- Production of Cassette Player whether or not fitted with the radio
- Production of voltage Stabilizer.
- Manufacture of electronic clocks and alarm time Pieces.
- Carved wood and artistic furniture making.
- Tin smithy
- Motor Winding
- Wire net making.
- Iron grill making.
- Manufacture of Rural Transport vehicles such as hand carts,bullock cart,Small boats, cycle rickshaw,Motorised carts etc.
- Manufacture of Musical Instruments.
VI. Service Industry
- Cycle Assembly / Repair.
- Service station for two wheeler, Three wheeler and four wheeler.
- Readymade Garments.
- Boutique Work
- Toys and Doll Making.
- Thread Balls and Woolen Balling, Lacchi Making.
- Manufacture of surgical Bandages
- Stove Wicks.
- Embroidery of Fabrics
- Servicing of Electric wiring, electronics Domestic appliances and equipments.
- Repairs of Diesel Engine, Pump set etc.
- Tyre Vulcanizing unit
- Agriculture servicing like Sprayers for insecticides, Pumpset service etc.
- Hiring of Sound system like loud speakers amplifier mike etc.
- Battery Charging
- Art Board Painting
- Cycle repair shops.
- Band Troupe
- Tea stall
Amda Khadi Park & Rajnagar Park
- Cocoon to yarn reeling & spinning
- Apparel making
- Value Addition – Katha Stitch, Zardogi, satin stitch, Appliqué,