The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament. It is a forward looking institution responsible for planning, promotion, organization and implementation of programs for the development of Khadi and other village industries in the rural areas in coordination with other agencies engaged in rural development, The KVIC is also charged with the responsibility of encouraging and promoting research in the production techniques and equipment employed in the Khadi and Village Industries sector.
The Jharkhand State Khadi and Gram Udyog Board came into existence in 2004 and in today focused on quality and branding aspects with an eye to tap the growing overseas market. Initiatives have been taken to become hi tech in the readymade garment sector and are in negotiation with an US agency to explore possibilities in export markets. Modern officers, tie ups with top of the line design houses like NIFT, new emporia, and setting up of Khadi Parks at Amda, Rajnagar( Seraikela Kharswan), and Deoghar, are under rapid implementation.
The vision is to promote the classic and timeless tradition of skill and patience in rural creativity that created a fabric that won us our freedom and to generate employment to take the legacy forward.
- To promote Gandhian philosophy of rural development
- To promote Khadi as a means of employment generation
- To promote Khadi as a Fashion wear
- To Promote cottage industries in rural areas
- To encourage women participation and their empowerment
- To revolutionize village economy
- To make Jharkhand State Khadi & Village Industries Board a leader in the country
- To innovate and develop low cost user friendly technologies for rural areas.
The ‘values’ that drive the Jharkhand Khadi Board include authenticity, integrity, compassion, competence, creativity, determination, knowledge and leadership.
Khadi Production Centers In Jharkhand
- Kuchai, Seraikela
- Bhagaria, Godda